Finnish TV Programme

Keskustelu osiossa 'DVD Plaza in English' , aloittajana Trillian, 12.06.2005.

1. Darth Saul

Darth Saul New Member

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Karpo definetely has some issues... :D

But considering the right translation, it is impossible to translate it quite properly, I think. I think "Karpo speaks" would be pretty good translation covering both the content of the program as well as the original meaning of the Finnish title.
    Maybe "Karpo's topics" might be another possibility.

And poronliha translates of course as reindeer meat...
    (Reindeer meat is something of a Karpo joke, at least sometime in the past he used to give it to all the people whose problems he spoke about in his program, don't ask why... :hitme: )

2. jkeskir

jkeskir Member

Saadut tykkäykset:
    FST: Jox Program for teenagers
    FST: Ruokaseikkailu Australiaan: "Food adventure in Australia"
    FST: TV-nytt: News in swedish
    FST: Strömsö: Hobby program in swedish (a good one)
    FST: Teknologia tutuksi : How stuffs work
    FST: BUU-klubben: Pussel: Children program

Navigare is latin and means sailing. "Navigare nesseari est"

3. Mambo

Mambo New Member

Saadut tykkäykset:
    10+2 is a animation for kids. There are three mice living in some weird land living with walking numbers (1 to 10). This show is real crap and has the worst theme song of all ages :mad:

Kuningaskuluttaja is a consumer program where people who are unsatisfied with product they have bought can complain and ask for advice how to get compensation. It also gives handy advices to people (such as how to save as much water as possible etc.)

4. Trillian

Trillian New Member

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Thanks again for all your effort - I really appreciate it.
    I have some more translation to do, and I'm quite sure I'll have to get back to your knowledge in a day or two.

5. joebob

joebob New Member Blokattu

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Can anyone tell me what this program was about? Also any idea where I could find a torrent for it? I googled a program that included a family name and I would like to get the program for my Finnish speaking father to see. Thanks.

mgma.sk@gmail.com

6. Ize

Ize Active Member

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Thilia Thalia (Tallallaa) is a quiz for theatre casts. There is also short improvisation tasks for the two competing teams in this show. Usually the improvisations are (or go) very humorous, in the past I think there were more drama acting too which is harder, but I haven't seen those lately.

Anyway, I like the show a lot, I watch it whenever I remember. :)