BFD-for-dummies

Keskustelu osiossa 'Kotiteatterin äänentoisto' , aloittajana Zipman, 28.01.2005.

1. Sonnie Parker

Sonnie Parker Guest Guest

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Se on erinomainen jotta hiippakunta joten hyvin huvittaa kotona BFD tähän.

aluta antaa anteeksi minun Finnish. I-KIRJAIN olen kohteleva by online kielenkääntäjä. I-KIRJAIN ajaa ei osata tokko kielenkäyttö on olemassaolo käänsi oikein alkaen I-KIRJAIN ajaa ei osata Finnish.

Jokin -lta te toukokuu olla selvillä -lta veres esittää BSE2496C että jälkisäädös toiveikas olla henkilövaihdos ajaksi BFD , ainoastaan hyvin vedonlyöjä.

kytkeä jotta hiippakunta veres erikoisartikkeli -lta BSE2496C on tähän. Se on kotona Englannin kieli.

Se mahti auttaa tokko Behringer alku ehtiminen jokin emails vaikutus huvittaa kotona esittää BSE2496C Ala- EQ. Tokko te kuin jotta auttaa , sisu jotta Behringer kudos ja lennättää heidät by email. enemmän huvittaa että on esitellä , vilkastuttaa me toukokuu uskottava hiippakunta jokin ehdoton lopputulos. Antaa heidät osata te hankkia hiippakunta se mainita model after nyt kuluva foorumi ja aari kiihtynyt , huvittaa , etsiskellä edistää jotta , hankkia etc. etc. , joka tapauksessa te halu jotta sana se. Tokko te osata -lta toiset te kanisteri panna jotta auttaa objektimuoto että hankkia EI pitää ajan tasalla kotona ehdotelma kierteittää , haluta haastaa heidän auttaa. I-KIRJAIN hankkia ennestään asoihin perehtynyt että ilmianto has lennättää jotta Saksa , joka on hyvä koska enimmät ehdotus panna poimia. lainata polveutua Behringer “this fits meidän uurre Se mahti auttaa jotta lennättää palaute suoraan jotta Saksa koska kummuta koska USA.

Tähän on kytkeä ajaksi Germaani email.

Tähän on kytkeä ajaksi USA email.

Tokko te osata -lta toinen kytkeä eli toinen asettua yhteyteen. se olla erinomainen jotta apu se koska kummuta.

Kiitoksia!
    Sonnie

Is this a mess? Forgive me if it is. (On nyt kuluva liata? Antaa anteeksi we tokko se on.)

2. j0sku

j0sku Guest Tukijoukot Guest

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Yes that is a mess. I don't understand a word. :eek:

3. janolle

janolle Guest Tukijoukot Guest

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Sonnie Parker, please write that in English and we'll understand it alot better. :thumbsup:

In that state it's pure jibberish... :hitme:

4. Zipman

Zipman Genelec Tukijoukot

Saadut tykkäykset:
    LOL! Sonnie, please just write in English. We understand it very well.

Ilkka from AVS. ;)

5. Tihi

Tihi Guest Guest

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Well, hello mr. Parker! Surpriced to see you here :thumbsup: Your message was one of the funniest I've ever seen :D Please be free to write here in english, I guess that most of us will understand it. (And by the way, we have lots of Pink Floyd fans here as well.)

6. Sonnie Parker

Saadut tykkäykset:
    I'm cracking up here. I guess the online translator is not worth a poot huh? I kinda figured when I tried to use it to translate Finnish to English and still couldn't figure it out, I was in trouble.

Sorry about that.

Cool... Pink Floyd fans! Gotta be a great forum!

Let me see if I can even figure out what I wrote above. It may not be exact.

I first stated that I was glad to see there has been so much interest in the BFD here in this forum. Not that it profits me other than knowing there are more people with a common interest.

Being that I cannot read Finnish, I am not sure how much has been said about the potentially new unit (BSE2496C) that will hopefully replace the BFD. I think Zipman (Ilkka) may have mentioned it... if I remember correctly.

Here are the suggested features... which I only had a link to it above:

Proposal for the BSE2496C (Behringer Sub Equalizer 24/96 Consumer)

The consumer home theater world has for several years used the BFD DSP1124P as a parametric sub eq to level out the response of their sub(s). The unit has been extremely popular and continues to be the popular choice for sub equalization, where it can be found, being that it has been recently discontinued.

We are basing the BSE2496C (Behringer Sub EQ 24/96 Consumer) on similarities to several of your products such as the former DSP1124, the current FBQ2496, DEQ2496 and DCX2496, none of which fit our needs precisely. Following is a list of features in four categories, the first being features in the DSP1124 and/or the FBQ2496 that we would like to keep as they are. Second are the essential features we would like, as well as several requested changes from the current BFD units. These are what we consider the must haves, if at all possible. Third are features/changes that we would like, but could live without if we just had too, although we believe they should have a minimal cost factor and might be easier included than we think. Fourth are features available in other Behringer models or new features that we would like to be considered, but could be reserved for a second higher-end model if they will cause the target unit to exceed our target price.

We are not requesting a software program due to the free availability of the RoomEQ Wizard program. The target price we would like to see is $200-250 retail which will allow for a street price of approximately $150-200. It is imperative that we keep the cost to a minimum, as this is and always has been the driving force behind BFD sales in the home theater world. The majority of BFD 1124 owners were able to acquire their unit for $100-125.

Features on the DSP1124 and/or FBQ2496 we would like to keep:
    ~ Two independent channels.
    ~ A minimum of twelve parametric filters per channel (20 per channel is good too).
    ~ Channel coupling and series looping.
    ~ Three-way IN/OUT bypass.
    ~ Input/output LED level indicators.
    ~ LED filter indicators for both channels.
    ~ Front panel display.
    ~ Retain normal required buttons and jog dial.
    ~ 24-bit/96 kHz A/D and D/A converter powered by a 32-bit DSP.
    ~ Internal switch-mode power supply (100 - 240 V~ / 50-60hz).
    ~ Low power consumption.
    ~ Adjustable input level (-10dBV / +4dBu) on rear.
    ~ Hard bypass relay.
    ~ Noise-free.
    ~ 107db dynamic range.
    ~ 0.007% THD.
    ~ High-quality components.
    ~ High-quality construction.
    ~ Balanced XLR inputs/outputs.
    ~ One year warranty.

Essential features and changes that we would like and should have a very minimal cost factor:
    ~ Soft power ON/OFF with selectable Auto-On detect via sub signal.
    ~ Eliminate turn-on thump and ground hum.
    ~ Double insulated chassis with a two prong plug or a ground lift switch if needed to eliminate hum.
    ~ Pure flat frequency response from 10hz to 20khz* (FBQ2496 is -3db @ 20hz).
    ~ Filter adjustment capabilities from 10hz to 20khz*.
    ~ Adjustable gain range from -24db to +16db for each filter.
    ~ Minimum of 4 to 6 memory presets.
    ~ Replace ¼ inch inputs/outputs with RCA inputs/outputs.
    ~ Simple shelf filter… (i.e. selectable linear boost between two selectable frequencies).
    ~ Selectable and/or variable 6db-48db/octave subsonic roll-off filter from 35hz to 10hz (minimum 5hz increments).
    ~ Time delay from 0 to 30msec or 1 foot increments w/ 0.1 foot fine up to 30 feet.
    ~ Variable phase correction/adjustment from 0-180.
    ~ Front panel USB and/or RS-232 interface for MIDI port (place under small flip cover like on computers).
    ~ Dimmable front panel LED’s / lights with OFF option.
    ~ Soft blue and/or green LED’s on front panel vs. red.
    ~ Offer unit in black or silver… if not optional, offer only in black.
    ~ Revamp chassis for home theater consumer appearance vs. pro-audio style.
    ~ Allow mounting brackets to be optional (include unattached).
    ~ Enclose/fill gaps on sides if mounting brackets are removed.
    ~ Add rubber feet to allow placement on top of other equipment.
    ~ Remove graphic design from top of unit.

* If it will save cost, limiting the upper frequency response and filter capabilities to 400hz is acceptable.

With the above features and changes this unit should sell like a hot potato at a steak house. We believe these are reasonable features for a street priced unit at $150-200.

Requested features/changes that won’t make or break the unit, but would be nice to have if minimal cost factor:
    ~ Anti-clipping mechanism with higher dynamic peak input before clipping.
    ~ Frequency readout in hertz instead of base + fine… (1hz increments w/ 0.1hz fine increments).
    ~ Bandwidth readout in octaves (1/3,1/6,1/24,1/1, etc.) or hertz (2hz,5hz,12hz,etc.) instead of 1/60, 10/60, 60/60, etc.
    ~ Front panel volume/gain to control output level to sub.
    ~ Ability to slave multiple units together.
    ~ Linkwitz transform circuit.
    ~ Detachable power cord.

Next are the more elaborate features that you already have in some of your units, plus a few other added requested features, but we are uncertain as to the cost of these features and whether it would cause the new unit to exceed our target street price of $150-200. It may be that we could stand a street price of $250 (retail $299) with these extra features. We assume it would depend on your cost to integrate them into the new unit. Or if feasible, offer the above in one unit and add these features to another unit at a higher cost.

Elaborate requested features with unknown cost factor for implementation (in order of relevance):
    ~ Individual crossover filters (Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz-Riley) per channel w/ selectable roll-off 6db-48db/octave.
    ~ Adjustable/variable crossover range (low pass and high pass from 20hz to 200hz and w/ bypass).
    ~ Built-in RTA mic/line input w/ phantom power and w/ GAIN control.
    ~ Built-in SPL meter with selectable dBA/dBC/OFF weighting.
    ~ Built-in test tones (sinewaves – individual 1hz increments and sweep from 5hz to 400hz or 5hz to 20khz).
    ~ Separate RCA mic monitoring and test tone output to allow for computer program monitoring.
    ~ Locate RTA mic/line inputs and RCA monitoring outputs on the front face plate under a small flip cover.
    ~ Video output for monitoring the display would be nice, but the cost factor may prohibit this.
    ~ Video display instead of LED’s… (dimmable and selectable OFF).
    ~ Small and simple 6 button wireless IR remote with discrete ON/OFF buttons and Preset 1,2,3,4 buttons.
    ~ Rear IR jack for remote control… to use with repeaters.
    ~ Add volume/gain control button to remote if feature is made available.
    ~ Add other control buttons to remote if cost feasible.
    ~ Fully integrated software program (something similar to RoomEQ Wizard).
    ~ Auto-EQ (with ability to manually adjust suggested filters).

NOTE: I do not work for Behringer or anyone else. When I say "we" this and "we" that... I am referring to what the majority has voiced thus far. Just like I have never been paid for the BFD GUIDE or the BFD FORUM... I am not getting paid to do this. It is because of the GUIDE and FORUM that I have a strong voice with Behringer, but it is because of YOU and the HT world that we can have the opportunity to have a new product designed. It won't get to market because of me... it will succeed because of you. It will benefit me no more than anyone else that has interest... but it is fun and it will be a huge benefit to all of us looking for such a product.

7. Sonnie Parker

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Then I wanted to say this:

It might help if Behringer started getting some emails showing interest in the proposed BSE2496C Sub EQ. If you would like to help, go to the Behringer website and send them an email. The more interest that is shown, the quicker we may likely see some positive results. Let them know you have seen it mentioned on this forum and are excited, interested, looking forward to, would buy, etc., etc., however you wish to word it.

If you know of others you can get to help us that have NOT posted in the proposal thread, please summon their help.

I have already been informed that information has been sent to Germany, which is good because most suggestions get culled. A quote from Behringer, “this fits our groove.” It might help to send feedback directly to Germany as well as the USA.

HERE is the link for Germany feedback.

HERE is the link for feedback to Behringer USA.

If you know of another link or another contact... it would be great to use it as well.

Thanks!
    Sonnie

8. Sonnie Parker

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Zipman... even though I cannot read it... looks like you did a heck of a good job with this thread....being there is so many replies.

Now I'm trying to figure out who Tihi is... obviously I know you since you know I'm a huge PF fan.

9. Zipman

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Thanks! I tried to make it a little bit more simple than your original is. ;)

10. Zipman

Saadut tykkäykset:
  11. Sonnie Parker

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Well keep in mind... I flunked/failed grammar and English classes in the 4th and 5th grade and didn't go any farther with either. Then add to the top of that, I am about as dumb as they come with technical stuff. I try to learn but my brain has been damaged so badly... it's really sad how stupid I get sometimes. :hitme:

Ken Bruce (brucek) basically reviewed everything I wrote when I initially wrote the GUIDE and corrected me on my many mistakes. You know it took me about 3 months to finally get it presentable and it has gone through numerous changes since then with contributions from so many different people. It's really a forum members written GUIDE so to speak... I basically just host the page and update it all along.

12. DTSMan

DTSMan Guest Tukijoukot Guest

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Laitetaas ylös tämä loistava ohje ettei keneltäkään jää tämä huomaamatta.

Mika: Miksei tätä ja tuota toista Zipmanin ohjetta voi laittaa Stickyksi?

13. Jäck

Jäck Guest

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Onko kellään tietoa että onko tuota BSE2496C mallia tulossa vai jäikö vain haaveeksi?

DTS:ää kompaten, stickyksi ja äkkiä tai vaikka FaQQiin!

(heh, tää oliki jo kiinnitettynä, eksyin tänne haun kautta :))

Tuonne Tee Se Itse Omat Härvelis -puiolelle sais kanssa laittaa parit kiinnitykset, mm. materiaaleista (MDF, liimapuu, ja Epoksi etc.. kotelon rakenne jne..) kysellään monissa ketjuissa, ja samoja vastauksia niissä melkein toistetaan.

14. Zipman

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Ei ole kuulunut mitään vähään aikaan. Mutta ei sitä toki ihan äkkiä luvattukaan toteuttaa. Saas nähdä...

Onko muka? :confused:

15. DTSMan

DTSMan Guest Tukijoukot Guest

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Ääh meni väärään threadiin...

16. Jäck

Jäck Guest

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Oho, eipäs ollutkaan stickkynä.. Ei pitäis näin väsyneenä surffata.. (taas) Öitä.:sleep:

17. shr-t

shr-t Uusi jäsen

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Hei, mitenkäs nuo asetukset pitäisi tallentaa? Mulla jää STORE-nappi vilkkumaan, vaikka sitä paineleekin, filtterit kyllä menevät päälle ainakin...

Kyseessä on muuten vanhempi 1100-malli.

18. Maverick

Maverick Uusi jäsen Blokattu

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Kaksi nopeaa painallusta peräkkäin STORE-napista tallentaa asetukset ainakin DSP1124P:ssä.

19. shr-t

shr-t Uusi jäsen

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Luin manuskastakin, että kahdella peräkkäisellä painalluksella tuon pitäisi tallentaa, mutta ei se ihan suoraan toimi: ekan jälkeen alkaa näyttö vilkkumaan "--" ja toisen jälkeen STORE jatkaa taas vilkkumistaan. :hitme:

Mutta löysin ratkaisun ongelmaan: ekan painalluksen jälkeen valitsee muistipaikan ja sit uudestaan STORE niin suodattimet tallentuu valittuun muistipaikkaan. :thumbsup:

20. Jeje2

Jeje2 Fubar Tukijoukot

Saadut tykkäykset:
    Hei,
    koekuuntelen parhaillaan madollisia uusia kaiuttimia äänentoiston kannalta lähes mahdottomassa ympäristössä. (tykkään näistä kajareista)

Liitteenä nyt kuva alkutilanteesta ja vahvarini equlla korjattu tilanne 2.1 järjestelmällä. :thumbsup: (cross-over on 80Hz)

Käytetyt suodattimet Yamaha RX-V2600 on (Vasen ja oikea samat)

Hz korjaus Q
    99,4 -5 6,35
    125 -5 6,35
    5040 -7,5 6,35
    6350 -10 6,35

5-6kHz aluueella oleva korostus saatiin oikein nätisti poistettua.
    Onelmana on nyt yhä 43Hz alue ja 100Hz alue - miten on saisinko BFD:llä tarpeeksi merkittävän parannuksen että kannattas hankkia? (Räkki on täynä jo, joten sijoitusongelmia tulisi...)